Get found with LinkedIn Profile Optimisation Services
Here’s a small task for you…
Take a good look at your LinkedIn profile. Now put yourself in the shoes of your customers. How well does your profile reflect your personal brand?
If your profile resembles an online CV, realise you are missing out on marketing opportunities for both yourself and your business.
My point is this:
- Your CV presents your past
- Your LinkedIn profile presents your future
Use LinkedIn to your advantage
Optimising your social profiles should form part of your overall contact strategy.
When you optimise your LinkedIn profile, you’ll reap the rewards of a powerful social networking tool used by businesses for:
- Building networks and relationships with potential referrers, influencers and clients
- Identifying new business opportunities and sales pipelines
- Keeping up to date with sector news … and the competition
Furthermore be aware that:
- Your referrers and prospective clients are more likely to check you out on LinkedIn than your website
- Your activity keeps you front of mind with your connections (and your connection’s connections)
- Your profile is indexed by Google
Why Linkedin profile optimisation matters
Do you know that over a billion searches are carried out on LinkedIn annually?
While many people search for individuals and companies, others search using key words.
It is important to know that LinkedIn uses an algorithm to sort searches by relevance:
- Your 1st-degree connections will show up first
- Of those 1st-degree connections – those with a completed profile containing relevant keywords will rank first
- Your second and third connections, group members and everyone else will follow (again sorted by key word relevance)
Your optimised LinkedIn profile will:
Take advantage of a copywriting service that will get your LinkedIn profile noticed
- Contain the right keywords for SEO (search engine optimisation) purposes
- Incorporate a compelling professional headline and summary that speaks directly to your connections, just as you would do if you met your contacts in person
- Engage your referrers and potential clients and drive traffic to your website
Still have questions? Read my resources
- Your guide to creating a stellar LinkedIn profile
- What actually is social media engagement and why is it important?
- Reawaken your audience’s interest: Spring clean your social media profiles
I recently engaged Claire Hawes to help me get to grips with LinkedIn. Claire had been recommended to me and I loved her upbeat friendly approach. It was just a one-hour workshop which was jam-packed full of useful information and tips and importantly on-trend and up-to-date in the ever-expanding social media world. Being shown what to do face to face makes it much easier to understand, I’ve come away having learned a great deal and would highly recommend Claire.Rachel Skinner, Lomax & Skinner